External Job Title
||Construction Manager EU - Luxembourg - German Speaker - JN - 072020-16160
External Job Description
Our client is a fast-growing and market leader multinational technology corporation. This is a great opportunity to join their fast-paced Design & Construction team in Luxembourg taking care of all pre-construction phases.
This opportunity combines construction engineering, planning, project management, facilities management, and contract management. It requires a person who can show proven ability in the planning and design, and project management / control of new and the enhancement of existing facility buildings.
The role will be based in Luxembourg and will include frequent travel to all various locations within Europe.
- Obtain and document all specifics regarding projects from site selection and transaction management. Research and compile all available information for site.
- Provide coordination of all engineering and architectural specifications for each building type – including but not limited to internal composite coordination, site-specific information including site surveys, existing drawings and site visits, transportation and traffic control, internal BRS requirements, and specific LOB requirements/standards.
- Coordinate initial architectural design and permit submittals as required.
- Develop and provide supporting documents for lease execution – for example, site plans, work letters, schedules, phasing plans, etc.
- Develop initial construction schedules and sequences for phasing of construction if necessary.
- Creation of construction estimates for capital requests, and other planning efforts.
- Manage due diligence, utility and other coordination efforts prior to construction hand-off.
- Provide complete and accurate documentation for construction handoff, uploaded to WorkDocs. Including but not limited to contacts, drawings, permit status, lease language & exhibits, capital request breakdown, any LL contributions or reimbursements, and any other work product that has been completed by Pre-Construction.
- Maintain repository for all pre-construction work product by site – in WorkDocs. Ensure all documents are uploaded appropriately.
- Completed degree in Engineering, Construction Management
- 10+ years of experience as an engineer and senior construction manager
- Fluency in German and English (C1 Level)
- Experience as a facilities manager or similar
- Project Management experience from design phase through implementation and operation
- Experience negotiating construction, procurement and labor contracts
- Ability to effectively communicate client requirements to various stakeholders (senior management, peers, public officials, vendors, etc.)
- Travel throughout Germany and EU up to 40% of the time