External Job Title
||Technical Pre-Construction & BIM Manager - Luxembourg
External Job Description
Our client is a fast-growing and market leader multinational technology corporation. This is a great opportunity to join their fast-paced Design & Construction team in Luxembourg.
We are now looking for an innovative Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) Manager to be part of the EU – Pre-Construction team in its development and implementation of corporate-wide BIM/VDC standards, technology and protocols across the EU.
The role will be based in Luxembourg and will include a relocation package for foreign candidates.
· Oversee the implementation of BIM/VDC standards, training and execution across the EUCF Preconstruction and Construction Management Teams as well as General Contractors, internal and external stakeholders
· Work closely with Architect/Developer/GC BIM/VDC leads to maintain consistency across projects, coordinate alternate approaches as project needs change
· Support project design development and quality control by leading model coordination sessions with internal and external BIM/VDC teams
· Provide teams support, training and shadowing, as needed
· Monitor BIM/VDC conformance to client standards
· Actively propose the improvement of all BIM/VDC standards, processes and tools
· Efficiently integrate Revit and other technologies with other applications such as construction project management, cost estimation and asset management
· Oversee and maintain a current team-wide technology portfolio, including current licensing, program maintenance and training records
· Serve as point-of-contact and manage relationship with BIM software vendors to ensure full support for team technologies
· Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Construction Management or Engineering, or a related field
· 4+ years of experience providing implementation, training and support in AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks/Solibri and BIM 360 (or similar CDE)
· HND/HNC in BIM management or BIM Information Management.
· Experienced in federating and coordinating BIM model updates, running clash detection on revised components, creating libraries and communicating results to internal and external stakeholders
· Knowledge of primary building systems on industrial projects— foundations, primary building structure and walls, mechanical, electrical and plumbing, fire protection, specialty systems, conveying systems and interior finishes) and the sequence of assembly for each
· Knowledge of common building materials—concrete, structural steel, masonry, miscellaneous metals, stairs, roofing and finishes—including the typical detailing and the sequence of assembly for each
· English speaking, speaking of other EU languages is a plus
· Proven ability to create and manage complex commercial and industrial construction projects within Revit, Navisworks/Solibri, BIM360/or similar CDE, AutoCAD, and other supporting programs
· Cost Management or Quantity surveying experience, BIM related construction costing
· Proven track record of effectively working with and/or managing teams remotely
· Proven track record of team-wide leadership, owning team processes start to finish and taking ownership for team support and performance
· Work experience within field execution, i.e. with General Contractors.